Saturday, April 07, 2007

I hope you do. Hi, I'm...

Digging the past, raking the future, grasping the present, trying to figure out the missing jigsaw puzzles. I know he is going to die soon. Sometimes a person does not really necessary have to stop breathing forever to die. They can just lose the will to live, or just simply forgetting how do they end up breathing in the beginning.

I do not want him to die. Not that soon.

Everytime I look at him, in a way, time has not really change everything. Temporarily.

But sometimes I look at him, in several ways, time does change certain things. Permanently.

The memories that are mysteriously gone.

The tiny particles of memories draining out of his mind. He tries to guard them preciously all together with his might, but a failing memory can only withhold this much. And these soon will be dispersed to only God knows where. An abyss of voidness...of space and time. Day and night, he rummages through drawers(probably of those in his mind too), walking up and down the stairs in a fidgety manner, sighing to himself," I am forgetting."

Running out of time. Running out of solutions. Running out of chances.And also soon, he has to wear an identity card, with his name,address and house number on it in case he gets lost. Running out of choices.

He conjugates the past tense lost from the first person of view.He has been lost. He is lost. He will be lost.

I see big gaps of holes in the jigsaw puzzle. I keep on sketching him the empty parts for him because he keeps on asking me again and again,from time to time.

Sometimes, I forget too. I forget that he forgets.

Soon, he will not even remember what does the picture look like in the first place.

And he will ask me, " Do I know you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home