Friday, October 20, 2006

20/10


I clung to her with all my life and softly pecked her on the forehead. The skies were a brooding grey. Everything seemed to darken into mere shadows. The cold, nippy air of the stygian, inky and pitch-black night should be at fault for the goose bumps I had on my skin. The night was molesting. It was dark, dingy and numbing. Lights were absent. The fine line between lies and truth became indistinguishable, that even living seemed to be an illusion.The ironic thing was not that I was unclad, in fact fully clothed, but I felt vulnerable, naked and peeled. It seemed that her presence never seemed to fail to stir me poignantly all the time. I was afraid, doubtful, and skeptical. Her eyes were not the color of dark brown as usual. That night, I saw a fiery reddish, amber color flickering dangerously right through them. It was serpentine. Vipers with beady, black eyes slithered in them. I fancied thinking there were malignant streaks in their blood. Instinctively, I recalled of the saying that the eyes are the windows to your soul. My face pulled into a frown. I stared her intently in the eyes.My veins were pregnant with fear. A whirlpool of confusion and despair boiled in my blood.I abruptly recoiled from her embrace. She had a face that no one should trust, it was treacherous. I walked out from the room with a reposed composure. A more confused person had never breathed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

The hiatus from posting served you VERY well! I like this one. At the risk of sounding like a critique, some of your previous posts had lulls. Like some sentences would be connections for the punches. This one is a mighty, encapsulated knock out. It flowed, it altered, the imagery flared, the meaning shook me.

I will re-read this several times in an attempt to embrace your new direction.

And I did notice that you switched to European-style date notation.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home