Thursday, November 30, 2006

30/11

I tried recalling back all of the little details of it but to no avail. Mother's cunt, I cursed to myself. It is always like that. I woke up with a bad migraine. Blood vessels throbbed hard against my temples. Sweat trickled down my face. I looked out into the window wistfully, longing for some none existent breeze. The heat was overbearing. And the room was stuffy.

I forced myself to remember everything. This time it was different, it was a kind of an estatic frenzy, it was a happy dream.There were wedding chimes, vanilla ice cream, pristine white- colored frocks with pretty laces, ties and bows, cocktail drinks, intimacy and lots of laughter. I saw myself walking down the aisle, smiling...and there was a man, an endearing one that I was totally besotted with. How unusual. Fairytale-like dreams do not usually bestow me. I had to have the dream jotted down before I forget everything, I urged myself.

Fragments of this and that, and nothing more. You see, dreams are always like that. Unlike memories. You can't keep them even though you wanted to. But as for the unwanted ones, they stick to the back of your mind as detestable remnants that will not go off for a long, long time. Like a stubborn chewing gum that sticks to your shoe or like the ink stain that couldn't be washed off.

" I can't believe it actually happened."

Those were the words that I muttered to myself before the dream blurred into nothingness. Were the words an omen or a sign in a way? Could it be significant somehow? Are dreams related to reality? I'm skeptical about that ( I dreamt once that I was sinfully wronged and pregnant). Absurdity,absurdity.

But I digress. I asked myself then, why do people dream. I stared at the four white walls of my bedroom.Pondering. Waiting for a tiny miracle for my question to be answered.

But then again, have not I been waiting for a miracle for all my life?

1 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

Nice writing..Im glad that I droped by ..hope you are all right...mircale sometimes do happen but thay pass at times un-noticed ...and dont we all we wait for mircale...I for one would surely be happy for one right now as this month being hard one on me like stong waves hits me and I struggle to stand up

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home